Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Harriet Lake, Oregon

Our second stop as we rounded out August 2013 was at Harriet Lake, I didn't take the above photo...it came from the Oregon fishing forum, I wish I had...because this photo makes the lake seem like a surreal vacation destination. Our experience was of a crowded campground, cars lining the dusty gravel road leading up around one side of the lake, and a hatch of mosquito's that would make any trout obese in short order. We didn't end up staying for long, between the crowds and skeeters we plunked lines under an oversized pine, sharing the bank with a really unfriendly middle aged gentleman, his mom and their dogs. H got a couple of nibbles, and I was again getting skunked. I was beginning to wonder if my new rod was cursed?!
I knew it wasn't the right fishing hole, when on my second cast out, the tree reached out and grabbed my damn line like it was thanksgiving dinner. I ended up having to cut my losses. (literally) we climbed back up the bank and hauled out of town. Good bye Harriet, our first visit was probably our last until we can get a boat and ride your sorry (bleep) out into the shady hard to reach areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment